ISTQB FOUNDATIONS IN SOFTWARE TESTING
The IT industry today is still far from zero defects. The importance of software to society urges the need for effective software testing. During this ISTQB testing foundation course you will learn about the principles of testing, test objectives and fundamental test process. The different test levels (or test phases) and test types will also be explained. A major part of the course is dedicated towards both static (reviews) and dynamic test techniques. The course includes exercises on test techniques such as equivalence partitioning, boundary value analyses, decision table testing and exploratory testing. Test management will be presented, covering topics like test organization, test planning, estimation, risk-analyses, test monitoring and control and test reporting. To conclude, an overview of different test tools and test automation approaches will be provided.
This 3 day course is based on the ISTQB Foundation syllabus. Participants are throughout this course also prepared to successfully take the ISTQB Foundation exam.
- Testing fundamentals and principles
- Standard test terminology
- Test life cycle (test levels, test types and maintenance testing)
- Static testing (types of reviews and static code analysis)
- Test design techniques (black-box techniques, white-box techniques and experienced-based techniques)
- Test management (e.g., test planning, risk-analysis, estimation and reporting)
- Test tools and test automation overview
- Preparation for the ISTQB Foundation exam
- Use a common test language for efficient and effective communication
- Understand established concepts, the fundamental test process, test management test strategies/approaches, risks and principles to support test objectives
- Contribute in reviews of the test basis and test artifacts for complexity
- Analyse and prioritize both functional and non-functional specifications, such as performance efficiency and usability
- Design tests using established test design techniques at all test levels for systems of small to medium complexity
- Interpret and execute tests according to agreed test specifications and analyze and report on the results of tests independently
- Write and communicate clear and understandable incident reports
- Assist in the selection and implementation process of testing tools for various testing activities.
Who should attend
This course is intended for all who want to gain more knowledge and acquire skills on structured testing. It is suitable for all that are involved in software or system testing either full-time or part-time.
Testers who want to enhance their understanding of structured testing and as part of their test career want to acquire the ISTQB Foundation certificate. Users, developers and administrators involved in testing software products. Quality managers, project managers or project leaders requiring more knowledge of structured testing and those that are involved in defining testing standards.
Attendees to the course will receive a complimentary copy of the book “Foundations of Software Testing” written by Dorothy Graham, Rex Black and Erik van Veenendaal.
ISTQB Foundation exam
Attendees to the course can also take the ISTQB Foundation exam. The exam will take place on 3rd day of the course and will consists of 40 multiple choice questions whereby 26 correct answers are required to pass the exam. With more than 700.000 people certified, ISTQB is the world-wide standard for software testing certification.