ISTQB Agile Tester
Agile software practices are being employed within many development organizations worldwide. More and more testers are participating in agile projects or are embedded within agile teams. Many testers struggle to understand the agile development process and their place in it. Learn the fundamentals of agile development, the role of the tester in the agile team, and some agile testing practices. Explore the business and technology-facing tests agile projects demand and how agile testers can help the project succeed. Learn to apply techniques as risk-poker and exploratory testing and learn to understand Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD). Throughout the course the Agile testing theory will be illuminated with many practical examples. Discussion will take place on what day-to-day Agile testing looks like, practice and theory could well somewhat different. Learn technical and team skills testers need for success in the world of agile development.
This 2 day course is based on the ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation syllabus. Participants are throughout this course also prepared to successfully take the ISTQB Agile Tester exam.
- Fundamentals of Agile software development
- Aspects of Agile approaches
- Differences between traditional and Agile testing
- Status tracking and reporting
- Role and skills of an Agile tester
- Agile testing methods, e.g., acceptance test driven development, test pyramid and testing quadrants
- Risk assessments and estimations in Agile projects, e.g., risk-poker and poker planning
- Agile testing techniques, e.g., exploratory testing, specification-by-example and defining acceptance criteria
- Preparation for the ISTQB Agile Foundation exam
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development.
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles
- Support the Agile team in planning test related activities
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project
- Assist in defining testable user stories and acceptance criteria
- Recall lesson learned from real-life Agile testing (compared to Agile theory)
Who should attend
This course is intended for all test professionals (e.g., test leads, test consultants, test analysts, test engineers) that are or will become involved in testing in an Agile project. Both senior testers that already have extensive experience in testing in traditional projects and need to understand how to apply their skills in an Agile project, and testers who are relatively new to the profession are invited to this course.
The course is also appropriate for anyone who wants an understanding of software testing in the Agile world, such as SCRUM masters, quality managers, software developers and business analysts. Learn how to work with and support testers, participate in testing and as a team establish a quality product.
ISTQB Agile Tester exam
Attendees to the course can optionally also take the ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation exam (provided they meet the entry criteria). The exam will take place on 2nd day of the course and will consists of 40 multiple choice questions. With more than 700.000 people certified, ISTQB is the world-wide standard for software testing certification.