a guide to the TMap approach
Martin Pol, Erik van Veenendaal and Ruud Teunissen
Addison Wesley, UK
Testing is an essential part of the software development lifecycle, focusing on issues that must be addressed before the information system goes into production. Gave all parts and characteristics of the information system been checked sufficiently? Have issues such as suitability, performance and security been looked at? Have all defects been corrected without any new ones being introduced during the re-work process? It is crucial that these questions are not left unanswered until the final stages. Therefore, a well-structured and reliable test process is required. TMap (Test Management approach) is a well-established and internationally proven methodology. It will help save your company time and money by producing well-designed, reliable quality systems. As the method and platform, you can adapt it to suit your organization and its specific requirements.
If you are directly involved in the test process, Software Testing: A Guide to the TMap Approach is for you. It will:
- Introduce you to the method and take you through it step-by-step
- Enable you to address and deal with organizational issues, including functions within a team, training, consulting and administration of the process
- Cover practical infrastructure issues, like the option of using an automation tool to aid the test process
- Outline the different development situations in which TMap has been used, for example, client server, GUI, Object-Oriented, ERP and web-enabled scenarios.
- And give tips on what problems to look out for in each one.
Order on-line via Amazon.